Kansas City LEsbian, Gay, and Allied Lawyers ("KC LEGAL") is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) membership association of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered ("LGBT") and allied legal community in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Law students, paralegals and other members of the legal profession are encouraged to become associate members.
The Mission of KC LEGAL is to:
• Unite attorneys, judges, professors, law students, paralegals, and other members of the legal profession in the Kansas City metropolitan area around issues facing LGBT individuals
• Promote solidarity and support among LGBT individuals in the law
• Educate the general public, legal profession, and courts about legal issues facing LGBT individuals
• Promote the expertise and advancement of LGBT legal professionals in the legal profession
• Work with LGBT organizations, community groups, and other progressive allied groups and individuals to gain equal rights for all people
• Promote the creation of coalitions with other legal bar associations and organizations
• Encourage the adoption of non-discrimination policies in law firms protecting both sexual orientation and gender identity
• Encourage firms to offer domestic partnership benefits to employees
• Empower LGBT individuals to choose law as a career
Please join our Facebook Page at "Kansas City LEsbian Gay and Allied Lawyers" or try this link:
Tune in to KKFI 90.1 every second Saturday of the month at 1:00 pm to listen to KC LEGAL members discuss recent LGBT legal issues.